Friday, March 19, 2010

Raiding as Retribution

Last night my guild went to Icecrown Citadel again, and I actually had the time to tag along as well. For whatever reason, we had eight people confirmed who are often healing (even if some of those eight also often tank or dps). Which left us in a funny position. It seems we did Marrowgar with seven healers and three bear tanks, and only after this we really realized how many of us were healing... when the healing signups were posted and I was not mentioned and therefore only fit into "Remaining: ffa". I said "uhm, sure. Pally as raid healer?", but we had already started the Deathwhipser fight. We swapped healing around a little in mid-fight, and one-shotted her. After that, though, I only healed on Gunship, and then switched to dps. I had often gone Retribution on Deathbringer Saurfang, since that is a dps race and does not require much healing if the group has the dps, but I never really did dps on trash or Rotface as well. And I must say, I had a lot of fun. I did a little under 6k dps, which is not perfect, but then, this is my offspecc, and my gear is in everywhere between item level 213 and 232, with one piece at 245. Not bad at all, me thinks, and I really hope I get to do this more often. Maybe NOT winning Trauma and the Marrowgar healing shield yesterday was a sign - but then, I never have luck with those slots. I still use Shield of Assimilation from Naxx-25 and Seethe...

No comments:

Post a Comment