Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Freedom

After some weeks of unhappiness, I made the big step yesterday, and left the guild my warrior has been in for over two years now. The situation had deteriorated a lot in the last weeks, with a very unfriendly atmosphere in guild chat (at least towards me), and the guild my paladin is in now felt a lot more mature, friendly, and like home. And since the day before yesterday that guild got a new addition in the form of more or less the only other officer from my warriors guild (who was fed up with the situation in our old guild as well), the decision was really made easy.

I would not have thought that the only response to my farewell note on our guilds forum (where I simply stated that I needed some fresh air, and that some things that happened in the guild lately made me unhappy, nothing more, nothing less) would be a post from the guilds leader, who more or less stated that I left just in time, since he was about to demote or /gkick me anyway. Well, thanks for spelling out so clearly why I wanted to leave that guild, just in case I needed some support now - you gave it to me with that post, and really made me see that I did the right thing there.

I will probably stay Protection specced and see what the new guild brings me - I never really enjoyed tanking for the old guild since runs were few and far between, so I would always get a little rusty. But seeing that there already are some tanks in the guild I might also spec Fury again. There are many paths into the future now for me, it seems...

No comments:

Post a Comment