Monday, March 3, 2008

My first Zul'Aman with my little girl

Yesterday was supposed to ba a Zul'Aman run (at 13:00 on a Sunday!) for my guild, but apparently only four people had signed up, so it was cancelled. An hour later I got a whisper if I wanted to come, the raid leader had asked around and obviously found enough people now by joining forces with the other big guild from our raid alliance for SSC/TK. Unfortunately I had to decline, since my girlfriends Windows XP had just decided that networking capabilities were an overrated feature, which did not bode well for her raiding duties that evening. Well, happens. Some more time later or so I got another whisper, if I was done fixing that computer now, since the raid had just lost a healer to the "Oops, got to go" factor, and they were at Malacrass now. Now I was really stunned: he knew it would be my first venture into ZA at all as a healer, and I had just joined the guild two weeks ago (but had run a two healer Karazhan run with the raid leader as the other healer). Well, I accepted, and got onto TeamSpeak. People had been informed I was a ZA n00b, but nothing indicated that they cared (I mean that in a good way), and I offered the "if we wipe blame me since I bet you did well until I joined ^^" line.
And wipe we did. Five times, if I remember correctly, almost always with Malacrass at around 5% health left. Well, time was running short, since there was a SSC raid scheduled for later for most of those present, so we said, ah, one more try, then let's call it a day. And then we simply downed him, rezzed the fallen, and one-shotted Zul'jin as well. Got the Shaman healing mail chestpiece, which I am not sure yet if it is an up- or a sidegrade to the Karazhan plate chest, and I got to complete all the beginners quests in ZA ("X Marks Your Doom" etc) in the empty instance afterwards. Yeehah! Successful sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment